Your website is crucial to your business. Your website MUST be responsive, secure, and have the proper analytics and SEO as well as being listed in the proper social media and business listings. A responsive website is a website that displays on all sizes of devices and looks good to the visitor on each device.
Today over 52% of all global web pages served were on mobile "Smart" devices as opposed to 2009 when global web pages served on mobile devices was only .7%... WOW, what an increase! And it is growing every day! Most of those people are on Social Media too!
As of July 2018 you now MUST also have a secure website which means you also need an SSL certificate (a URL of https:// vs. http://) otherwise when a visitor views your website search engines like Google will show "Not secure" or "Dangerous" beside your URL. When the visitor clicks on the "i"nformation link to the left of your URL a popup will say "Your connection to this site is not secure". This is NOT what you want a visitor to see when they go to your website and it will also push you lower in the search rankings.
- Acquire a Domain Name and Hosting Package(Linux)
- Add an SSL Certificate for a Secure Website
- Build A Responsive Website with a Contact Form
- Add the Proper SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Add the necessary Anayltics to Track Your Web Presence
- Create a Social Media Presence (facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Promote Your Website in a Variety of Business Listings
- On-Going Maintenance/Monitoring of Your Website
Below is a smart phone (portrait) home page example of an older, fixed size website that is "NON RESPONSIVE" followed by the new version of the home page of a website that is "RESPONSIVE" and displays nicely on any size device. Today, prospective customers appreciate and expect a website that is easy to read and has the information they are looking for.